You can save yourself a ton of effort if you know how to copy an existing module from another page. You can either Shadow Copy
the module (any edits made to the new module will also be made to the other copied module), or simply Copy
a completely new independent new module with it's own content and settings.
Here's some further explanation of this Module Menu:
- Login with your Administrator Account and mouseover the "Module" menu at the top of the page.
- Click the Radio Button for "Add Existing Module". The drop down should change to look like this:
- Click the "Page" drop down, and you'll see a perfect representation of all the pages of your website, and you'll notice they're organized exactly the same as your menu at the top of the page. Find the page you want to copy a module from in the "Page" drop down.
- After you select a page in the "Page" drop down, the "Module" drop down menu will update to show you all the modules on the selected page. Choose the module you want to copy in this drop down.
- The Copy Module Check Box: This is where you determine to do a Shadow Copy, or an Independent Copy of the selected module. If you leave the box unchecked, it will create a Shadow Copy. With the Shadow Copy, any edits you make to the module will also be reflected in the original module. If you check this box, it will create an Independent Copy of the selected module with all it's own content and settings. Any edits you make to the independent copy will not be reflected in the original module.
- Visibility Drop Down: You can hide the textbox from the rest of the world if you don't want to display it immediately. For example, if you're writing some content for the textbox and you're not quite done, but want to start in on it. If you leave this set to "Same As Page", the textbox will adopt the visibility settings of the page that it's on. If you change this to "Page Editors Only", only people who are Administrators will get to see this textbox until you make the textbox visible to the world. Click here to see how to make the textbox visible to everyone.
Pane Drop Down: This dropdown determines the placement of the module on the page. Simply select a pane for the module to be placed in from the dropdown options. If you need a review, see here for an explanation of "Panes" and webpage layout basics.
- Insert & Module Drop Down: If you have multiple modules in a single "Pane", you can determine whether this new module will appear above or below the other modules that also occupy that "Pane".